How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not best.