How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.