How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.